coffee table oct 24
Image by zabethanne
issues have moved. we had firm this week.
Purchasing Record for How to Construct a Reclaimed Coffee Table:
– Reclaimed oak wood
– 2 4x4s
– 2 2x6s
– two 2x10s
– Pocket screws
– Wood glue
– Table leading fasteners
Equipment Listing for How to Build a Reclaimed Coffee Table:
– Miter noticed
– Track noticed
– Energy drill
– Spade bit
– Pocket screw jig
– Router with roundover bit
Methods for How to Create a Reclaimed Coffee Table:
1. Minimize all of the boards to wanted length making use of a miter noticed.
2. Use a track noticed to correct up the edges of the 2×10 pieces, then rip the width on a table noticed.
three. Making use of wood glue, glue 3 of the 2×10 pieces to type the tabletop.
four. Clamp the pieces with each other and wait an hour for the glue to set up.
5. After the glue has cured, get rid of the tabletop assembly from the clamps, and square up the edges of the tabletop employing a track saw.
6. To measure for the length of the apron, area two leg pieces collectively at the edge of the tabletop. Lay out the lengthy apron piece and mark exactly where the extra comes above the edge of the tabletop.
7. Repeat the exact same stage for the other three sides and trim marked apron pieces with a miter saw.
eight. Use a pocket screw jig to drill slots on the two edges of all 4 pieces of the apron.
9. Get two pieces of scrap wood from the tabletop and use them as a gauge block to set the height of the apron on the legs.
10. Use a clamp to safe every little thing and then attach the legs to the apron pieces employing pocket screws.
eleven. Carry on with this very same method for the extra legs and apron pieces.
12. Place the assembly of apron and legs on the underside of the tabletop. Trace the edges of the legs and minimize out people corners utilizing a jigsaw.
13. Smooth over the edges of the tabletop making use of a router with a roundover bit.
14. Making use of a spade bit, drill into the apron pieces about half an inch deep and attach a single side of the table best fasteners. This is accomplished to enable the wood to increase and contract as soon as the tabletop is connected.
15. Flip the leg/apron assembly on best of the facedown tabletop. You may have to pound the tabletop into the assembly employing a hammer.
sixteen. Attach the tabletop to the leg/apron assembly by inserting screws into the fasteners previously set up in the apron.
17. Sand the piece and finish with a Danish oil or a paste wax.